Friday, May 29, 2015

Noah’s observation day and emergency drill at the local elementary school. A Costco run. Branden’s JHS lawn and ground cleanup for the parents. And a few extra bits for good measure...

Hi Noah! : ) I had Noah's observation day and the emergency disaster drill at the elementary school. Tuesday, May 26th. I went to that. Noboru wanted to go, but he had work, he did ask me if he should take a half day off work, but it could possibly affect Noboru getting vacation days off this summer. Maybe he'd get 1 less day, type a thing. And we wouldn't want that. : ) Besides it wasn't anything too overly major. So just me showing up was enough. : )  
I rocked it, right up the hill, around 12:50pm. This is our local elementary school. You see it's up on a hill, and there's rice fields to the right. : ) 
This says the 4th grade class 1. However, between you and me, there's no other 4th grade class, hahaha. But either way...4th grade class #1 it is. : )

This says the 4th grade upper left, I blacked out our last name. And under the 2 kanji..it says Noah. and the main picture...in shuji ink/calligraphy says..hana, which means flower. Considering the old saying..."April showers, bring May flowers." This is kind of fitting, for the season right now. : )

This was supposed to be a 3-D drawing of a hand. Now Branden's drawing and artistic skills, just slay me! We always knew his art, out of his entire class his/Bran's would be top. He just always had that skill. He can draw any persons face, free hand and be spot on! He can see any picture and draw/copy it free hand, like I said. Branden has always had this freakishly amazing drawing and art skill/talent (Noboru doesn't have it and neither do I). Ever since he was really little, even like age 6. That's one of Branden's many talents. Both boys have this crazy insane swimming skill. They have developed since they were yochien/kindy aged. One of Noah's talents though is running. That kid just has IT! He does. Appreciation of both boys talents. And never wanting either one, to be like the other one. Loving and accepting Branden for being Branden and loving and accepting Noah for being Noah. I think that if you are a parent of more than 1 child, you will see how they differ personlity-wise and talent/skill wise too, but you will agree that you couldn't love EITHER child more. You love them, both the same. Do you know what I mean. : ) Noah draws way better than I do. But he just doesn't have...that natural drawing ability that comes so naturally that Bran does...and that's okay, it is. He has the drawing skill of a delightful 4th grader. And that's a beautiful thing too.  It's perfectly and wonderfully a 4th grade level. Noah came up to me, all excited and proud and pointed at his drawing..."the hand is supposed to be 3-D mama" ...I replied..."I can see that...it totally looks 3-D kiddo, I can see, how hard you worked on this!" So, May 2015, a 3-D hand, by Noah. : )

Almost looks like Noah's, giving his friend a Care Bear stare! Ha! Before math class started, most of the kids went for a restroom break, real quick. Noah and his friend were talking and then his friend, ran real quick to his cubby space at the back of the class, Noah was waiting for his friend to zip back. : ) Noah,  meanwhile was not aware, I took this picture. His friend was getting something from his cubby and on his way to Noah's desk to shoot the breeze before class started. My gorgeous boy! : )

Aha, his friend has returned. : ) Chitter chatter, chitter chatter. : ) I like going to observation days. So, I can see how he's getting along with his peers, who he hangs out with, although I know who he hangs out with, because every single day that it's not raining I have a cluster of  Noah's friends at my door knocking..."can Noah play?" Yes..of course! : ) Hahaha. : ) He's very nice, very kind, he's not bossy or aggressive at all. Kids dig him, the boy classmates and the girl classmates too. He's a very laid back Noah-chan! : ) So he has tons of real good friends. At the set time, all of us parents and even some grandparents went outside. We all stood in the basketball area. And then we went and stood next to our child. The sensei, came and asked each child..."so and so, is this your, mom, dad or grandparent?" We were like 5th to the front when he finally came to us, he asked Noah..."is this your mom?" Noah smiled and said..."yes she is" Granted he met me last month at the first observation day of the year....It's just a formality. : )  And we left after that. Noah and I walked down the hill. And to Olive and drove home. We were all ahead of schedule because Noah and I were home by 3:12pm. Not bad, considering the drill was supposed to end at 3:30pm. Pretty good! Much appreciated. : )
May 26th, we had some fetuccini alfredo with chicken and broccoli. 

We had this, with a side of... a loaf of baguette bread sliced and lightly buttered.

Tuesday, May 26th was the Lifetime movie called Grace of Monaco. 
I had been looking forward to watching this. Nicole Kidman played American actress Grace Kelly, who would become Princess Grace. I thought Nicole Kidman was amazing in this! I loved her in the movie The Others. The first 5 minutes, I kept seeing...Nicole Kidman. But after 5 minutes..I saw Princess Grace.  I knew she was an actress, Princess Grace, back when she was Grace Kelly, and I knew, she died in a fatal car crash. But this movie didn't even go there about the car crash. It told the story of...simply after she was married. Her great unhappiness, which didn't last too long. How Monaco didn't really accept her at first. She watched the news and some city folk said..."she'll never be one of us" ...her husband said she could be in the new Hitchcock movie and then after great pressure he said she couldn't. She thought of divorce for a brief time, even talked to a priest and he said...your kids are royalty though! And he encouraged her to stay and grow into her role as princess. And...she did just that. She ended up becoming this amazing lady and tried so hard to learn french. And walked the streets and met commoners along the street. When Monaco was not getting along with France and it was quite serious, she was the one just jumped in there and tried to help. Defuse the situation. And she did love her husband, very much. It basically just showed her...hiccups trying to get used to another country. I wish they would have ended the story a little better...granted... but I am still glad I saw this. Nicole Kidman absolutely, amazing in this and the late Princess Grace...I didn't even know how amazing you were. And you were. : ) Anyway I am now waiting for the Marilyn Monroe movie this coming week, also on Lifetime.  
Wednesday May, 27th. Noboru had to be at Bran's school at 1:30pm. I was going to go to Costco, that morning. Noboru asked if he could come with me. I said for sure! He loves walking around Costco. : ) He loves going in the electronic department and also, there's free samples scattered throughout the food sections, so he enjoys nibbling on the samples along the way. : ) We arrived at Costco at 9:57am and it opens at 10am. We were right on time. I spotted these navy blue turtle swim trunks in the men's department and I knew those would be perfect for Branden. I was debating a size small or medium. I ended up getting Bran, the mediums. : ) That way he has room to grow, besides I kept the receipt and Costco is fabulous about exchanges, but the mediums fit Branden with room to grow, so we don't need any exchanges. : ) Now all I need, is to go to Sports Depot or somewhere and get Bran a navy rashguard. 

Not a bad price and I appreciate they have US sizing at Costco in Japan, because I know US sizing, like the back of my hand. It's easier for me! Also...just a heads up, they have super cute Crocs for ladies for 1500 yen or 1590 yen? Something like that, about $14 US. They even have size 9. They're not a new style, but they're super cute. The ladies Crocs, are the cute semi ballet type with strap at the back, for us ladies (I should have snapped a picture). I tried some on and I may go back next week and get me a pair. They also had another brand of super cute sandals too, but I didn't go and see what sizes they had on the other ones. And they had regular Crocs styles for kids. 

My cart this Wednesday. A huge salad, huge lean ground beef, that I split in 3 freezer bags, which are now in the freezer. Taco night coming soon. : ) A rotisserie chicken, dinner rolls, huge hunk of colby jack and also a 2 pack of mozzarella cheese shredded and fresh spaghetti and 1 navy turtle swimsuit far left corner of the cart for B. 

Split up the beef, split up the dinner rolls too. : ) The ones in the 2 ziplocs are in the freezer, the rest the family ate. 
We were back home from Costco by 12:20pm. We even had lunch there. Noboru took these 2 pics. All the kids doing yard clean up at the local JHS. Also, Branden had left a message on our answering machine at home. He called while we were at Costco, it said..."mom, I forgot my gardening gloves and chisai towel, please have dad bring those for me, if you can" I got the message and pulled 2 chisai towels out... 1 for Noboru and 1 for Bran and while Noboru was loading up his weed whacker in the mini minivan. Bran called again..worried. "Mom, did you get my message?" "Bran, not to worry honey, daddy has your chisai towel and gardening gloves with him already" Huge sigh of relief and we both hung up. Boy oh boy, was Branden happy to see Noboru there. : ) 
Big huge meeting, if your child is in the class A, whether they be a 7th grader class A, 8th grader class A or 9th grader class A, your parent, grandparent, guardian, needs to show up for you and do some school yard clean up! : ) Class B will be here in August or September. Noboru was off work. He loves to use his weed whacker and some of his fathers club dad's could actually make it too, so he was with his buddies, son and his weed whacker. Hahaha. : )  The teachers had a clip board and walked around asking each adult, whose child you were here for. So they will know if you showed up or not. Dundundun. hahaha. Branden's name was crossed of the list, since Noboru showed up. : ) We had rotisserie chicken and cheesy baked potatoes and veggies for dinner that night, an easy dinner. 
Thursday, May 28th, I had my hair appointment at 10am. For a cut and color. I had been really debating and thinking about coloring my hair a very reddish orange-y color for Summer. I am a natural brunette and while I love being a brunette. I wanted something different for summer. So, I showed my hair dresser this picture. My hair stylist who happens to be amazing. : ) Knew exactly the color, I wanted. I also have had an A length bob since March, but this time I wanted an all 1 length bob, shoulder length and so she gave me an amazing cut too. My hair color looks like this picture. It's vibrant and a very rich color. The color and cut, look super classy. A professional cut and color, by a really talented stylist. My hair is credited all to her, not to me at all. Also, this is sort of funny...I did mention to the boys I was getting a hair cut and color, but I failed to mention I was coloring it a different color. When I picked up Noah from school Thursday afternoon, first thing he said as he hopped in my car was..."mama you hair is red!" Hahaha. "while yes it is" Branden said..."you changed your hair color" Noboru on the other hand knew. So he wasn't too terribly shocked, but he did said...wow you look really different. : ) I did ask...bad different or good different. He said good different.  I did have a talk with my stylist about my concerns or worries for July, because I will be wanting another thermal hair straightening and so.. in which order do I book my appointments in July, since I get my straightenings and coloring both from her. She said I can do both on the same day. She'll also give me a treatment afterwards and a haircut in July too. All 3 the same day, cut, straightening and color. Awesome! : )  My hair looks healthier and shinier since I have been going to her. 
What was Noboru doing while I was at the hair salon? He was off spending his day off, doing what he loves! He spent a few hours fishing. We did have a plan though, after my hair appointment and his fishing was done though. We went and bought a weeks worth of meat. Then we went out to lunch. The end of May was the end, of the hand breaded chicken tenderloin at Cocho Ichi. So we went to Coco Ichi for lunch. Noboru had the tonkatsu curry, I had the chicken tenderloin katsu curry with vegetables. 
I made cream stew for supper for everybody. While Noboru went and picked up the kids. Meanwhile, for me, I wanted to have a great big filling salad. See that delicious crunky chicken from the Mini Stop. Love this chicken. It's called crunky not crunchy, hahaha. : ) But it's so good and all white meat. 

This was my dinner last night. It had a bit of mozzarella cheese, avocado chopped up, croutons, a nice salad with different colors of peppers, different types of lettuce. Croutons, black pepper. This had a ton of delicious goodness in there. I could barely wait, to dig right in to my salad! : )  


Everyone enjoyed their cream stew and rice. And I enjoyed a very nice salad.  What did I eat yesterday? For breakfast, I had 1 blueberry greek yogurt with some granola on top. For lunch I had some curry. And for dinner, I had a very nice filling salad, stuffed me for the rest of the night. : )

Anybody keeping up with the Josh Duggar scandal?  It's pretty major news in America and for Americans, as of right now. There is a show in America called 19 Kids and Counting. I watched a few years ago, off and on. It was never one of my favorite shows. But I found the show okay for a bit, because they were interesting. The show centered around a mother, father and their 19 kids. The oldest son being Josh Duggar. The show... shows how they're very good, very moral, huge family values. The mom looks like she's been frozen in the early 80's hair-do wise. The dad Jim Bob has very Beaver Cleaver type hair. The mom went on about modesty. I agree with modesty, I think folks should be modest. But she wore like spandex pants swimming with a long skirt over. They don't believe in shorts for girls or skirt lengths being above the knee. While I do appreciate morals and modesty, like I said. at times while watching. I was often in awe. Often torn between thoughts of..."awe what a good wholesome family' to being torn between thoughts of..."wow they're so super weird" But...as time went on, I grew bored of the show. And when I heard how extremely anti-gay they were, although I sorta expected them to feel that way. But, considering this day and age. Again...I just was over the show... for many reasons. Then last week or was it this past weekend? recently news broke that the eldest son, molested 5 or so many girls. @_@ That was shocking to hear. It was even more shocking to hear for me...because it was from this family which professed to have such high morals. I guess it just came as a shock. It also, came as a shock that the father Jim Bob took about a year before informing authorities about it. The news also said some victims might be his sisters. @_@   Please read this tweet up above. See who it's from? That's right, it's from Melissa Gilbert! Half Pint, everyone! I love Melissa Gilbert. I really enjoyed Melissa's tweet right here! Saying "The hypocrisy in this instance is inexcusable!" She tweeted that in support of Montel Williams earlier statement.

Thank you Montel Williams. Josh Duggar sat at the council for family values! How ironic is that. Talk about the pot, calling the kettle black! @_@
Montel tweeting...he just wanted to speak out against what Josh did, because what he did was wrong..on so many levels. 

Exactly right Mr. Williams. Who was Josh to say or judge, who was a danger to kids?  Like Melissa Gilbert said...hypocrisy! True that..true that! 

And Bette Midler! Also had to tweet her 2 cents on the whole Josh Duggar thing as well. I absolutely adore Bette! I felt her comment was so dead on perfect! Her first sentence was fantastic, but her last sentence was pure gold! "Kids is there anything more delicious than irony?"

I hear that, many commercial advertisers are canceling if their ads run during 19 Kids and Counting. TLC is deciding if they should now pull the show or what they should do? My thoughts on the matter? I feel badly for everyone involved. However, I feel if you prance around like...I'm perfect, my morals are higher than yours. People will indeed measure you with a taller and sharper measuring stick. And if you get caught doing something like this. It's going to explode. Like a mega ton bomb... type explosion like what's happening now. Every morning, I hear another advertiser ...meaning big conglomerate corporation wants no dealings with 19 Kids and Counting because of the whole Josh scandal. I tell ya right now, and I've mention this on my blog before many times... I'm not perfect. Not even a little tiny bit. I make mistakes weekly. I have d'oh moments weekly too. I don't have all the answers, not even by a long shot. Like I always say...I'm human. Far from being perfect. I just try to be the best person/human being, I can. Also, when something slightly similar happened with the Honey Boo Boo family about 6 months ago...TLC immediately as in less than 1 day decided to cancel their show...without hesitation. I think TLC is having a harder time with this because, while 19 Kids and Countings' rating have been slipping this past year, I just read that this morning. Their show was still hugely popular. Especially among more conservative people in the US. I think though this...we need to not lose sight why people are upset with Josh. They're upset for good reason...because Josh molested little girls (if you are a parent, same as I am, this must be something out of, your worst nightmares). And I think for that fact alone, we should at least be all in agreement about that. What he did, was so beyond super wrong. Absolutely inexcusable.  So anyway, I don't want to talk about him anymore for today...we will see how this whole thing plays out. And we'll see what TLC decides about 19 Kids and Counting.  Some people online said, keep taping, but without Josh. Some said, do a spin off with the 2 newly married daughters instead. As for me? I think they should cancel the show. Or at least take Josh out of the show, for sures.

Anyway, today's Friday here in Japan. Both the boys are home from school and we are having sweet and sour chicken & rice for dinner tonight. Have a lovely weekend everyone. : )