Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Our winter break so far...heading to the movies, Yokai Watch (for them) and Gone Girl (for me), finishing up our New Year’s cleaning, Costco Chiba New Town run and now just relaxing and ready to ring in the new year!

Saturday, December 27th, Noboru, Branden, Noah and myself went to the movies.  It was something all of us were really looking forward to. Usually we go to one movie together. However, the kids really wanted to see the new Yokai Watch movie (cartoon), it's really popular for kids and even JHS kids in Japan right now and the boys really wanted to see it. And I want my kids to know current stuff that's "in" right now too. I mean, I understand...they don't wanna be left out of the loop, if you know what I mean. : ) I meanwhile wanted to go see Gone Girl. It was a book made into a movie and really popular, looked good so I wanted to see it. Every thing I read...says..the ending will surprise you!!! @_@ So, yep...I wanted to be surprised too. Hahaha. :  ) Noboru wanted to see Gone Girl too and I wanted him too. However my movie was 50 minutes longer than Yokai Watch. And although Japan is much safer than America (sorry). Plus we live in the countryside. And doubt anything would happen at our tiny super small city movie theater in Ibaraki. : ) Nearest our town. But still....you never know....you know what I mean. So, Noboru went and watched Yokai Watch with the kids (we all just felt safer that way). And I went and watched Gone Girl. Plus Noboru gets to spend some alone time with just the boys, and that's important too for the 3 of them to have some guy male bonding time. The movie Yokai Watch is only in Japanese. And I really don't mind plus.... I get to watch a really good movie that just came out for us in Japan in mid December. So we were all happy. December 26th (day before), we went to the drugstore and bought movie snacks. Noboru picked chips and chestnuts. Bran picked, a Crunky bar (they were on sale at 78 yen Like a Nestle Crunch bar) and rice crackers mixed with peanuts. Noah picked a Crunky bar too and some cheap little 10 yen snacks each, he picked 2 of those. : ) I picked chocolate covered raisins for 89 yen and some M&M's. : ) The morning of the movie, I asked who wanted some freshly popped popcorn and only Noah wanted some and myself, so I made just enough for the 2 of us. : ) 
I had enough points for a free movie, so I got to see Gone Girl for free. Very cool. : ) The 3 of them picked their seats for Yokai Watch. I also got to pick my seat for Gone Girl. Though our movie started at the same time, like I said, my movie would be 50 minutes longer. So the plan was the 3 of them would be at the mall and I'd Line message them as soon as my movie let out and go and find them as soon as my movie was over. : ) 

The 3 of them picked a large melon soda. I picked a large coke. We waved see you and enjoy. And after my movie, I messaged them and found them at the book store reading away.... all 3 of them. : ) They loved their movie. I loved mine. How did I like Gone Girl? I really liked it! It was such a good movie and everyone was right... the ending was definitely a twist...I didn't see happening. I was like....say what??? Totally took me by surprise. But yep...a great creepy weird movie. 2 thumbs way up for me and I am really happy I saw it. : ) 

The four of us went to Saizeriya for supper after the movie. Noboru was eating a salad in this pic. He was waiting for his pasta. I was eating a pizza, waiting for my pasta.

Branden eating his pizza waiting for his doria and Noah munching his foccacia waiting for his doria too. : ) We all had drink bar and they told me all about the Yokai Watch movie. They were so happy they got to see it. Which made me really happy. : )

My dinner...absolutely way too filling, Noboru had to help eat this pizza. 

Both of the boys enjoying their doria. Plus we get to see Big Hero 6/Baymax this coming week/soon. So we just really enjoyed the movie last Saturday...and enjoyed dinner. 
Ham and cheese omelet. We had so many different uses for the spiral sliced brown sugar honey ham. We had ham sammys. Noboru made omurice twice. The ham is long gone now...but yep we truly found so many uses for it. : ) 
Cleaned the living daylights out of the house. All our Pre-New Year's cleaning has been done and finished. This is a pic of me dusting off Branden's ceiling fan. We rearranged Branden's bedroom furniture in his bedroom. Basically just swapped the bed and his desk...those changed spots. We vacuumed, we dusted, we rearranged Bran's bedroom last week. Noah's bedroom was Sunday, the day after we went to the movies. We did a complete overhaul of Noah's room (boy did it need it ; ) It felt really good to get the house in order before New Year's. We finished December 30th, with the rest of the house. Our New Year's cards were sent off December 24th. So now we can just relax now, kick back and enjoy New Year's. 
Monday December 29th, We went to Costco Chiba New Town. Picked up some waffles, a rotisserie chicken we had for supper that night. Tortillas, big hunk of colby cheese, mozzarella cheese and also huge box of mozzarella cheese sticks and scrubbing bubbles toilet gel cleaners (these make the whole toilet room smell fantastic and they're cheap at Costco for the big value pack, with different scents)

And after we paid and checked out, hence the person rearranged the stuff inside the cart, lol. But I took this pic because the Pace picante salsa wasn't pictured in the pic above but we purchased that also. : )  We 4 all had a nice cheap lunch at Costco. That new soup they're selling at Costco is so good, curry soup but that spice packet really kicks the flavor into gear. : )

December 30th after we finished with last minute cleaning, I baked a batch of brownies. From a box, so super easy, but really good. : )


We bought a new little New Year's "wreath" that is currently hanging on our front door. Welcoming the new year. : ) 
All our nearest grocery stores will be closed on New Year's. Some will reopen on January 2 and some the 3rd. I have 5 days worth of food here at the house and drinks for about 4 days. So, we're all set here at home. This morning, though...I did run to my new town grocery store, and bought a fresh small bag of mikan and 2 packs of these custard cream things. Sorta like those taiyaki (fishy shaped desserts filled with sweet beans and some are filled with custard) Anyway minus the fishy shape since these are disc/round shaped. But they taste like that...they're so yummy. I microwave them a bit and then finish them off in the toaster oven. We'll have those tonight as dessert.

Noboru gets off work at 10pm tonight, so we'll be ringing in the new year together all four of us. For dinner tonight we are having chicken parmesan with pasta. That will be our New year's eve meal. And we'll have 1 of these packs of custard creams tonight. : ) Tomorrow night we will be having ourselves a taco party here at the house. We'll probably enjoy the other pack of custard cream desserts tomorrow night. On the SyFy channel starting tomorrow morning at 7am, Japan time, starts the Twilight Zone New Year's marathon that they have every year. It runs for 24 hours straight and I love it. I enjoy it every year. : )  Happy New Year everyone! : )