Thursday, November 13, 2014

Monday morning baking, banana nut bread and oatmeal raisin cookies made from scratch. And Monday nights supper, baked ravioli...

Monday morning after the kids were at school and after I put the laundry in the dryer. I started some baking. I baked 1 loaf of banana nut bread. Here were the bananas about to be smashed to smithereens. : )


And baking this Monday was complete. A loaf of banana nut bread and a huge batch of oatmeal raisin cookies. The house smelled wonderful... like delicious baked goodies. I could not wait for the family to come home and enjoy them! : ) 
Monday nights supper was made a tad early too (I just wanted to get a jump start on things). I went to the bakery first thing in the morning and picked up a nice fresh baguette, which I sliced and buttered right before the boys were to get home from school. I plated up the salad and wrapped with plastic wrap and put in the fridge before the boys were out of school too. That way everything would be ready as soon as they got home. 

I boiled the ravioli al dente before layering in my baking dish, sauce, rav mozzarella cheese and layered a few more times. Baked for 20 minutes and then uncovered for 10 minutes so I could sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top and let it get melty and golden. 

Dinner was very nice this Monday. And everyone had seconds on the ravioli, ate lots of sliced bread/baguette and had cookies and/or banana bread for dessert. : )  Friday/tomorrow evening is the boys (every 6 months) dental cleaning as soon as they get out of school.  : )