Friday, June 06, 2014

TGIF...

TGIF everyone, so glad the weekend is finally here! Chiba has hit the rainy season, yes!!! And it figures it decided to hit, right *after* I posted my "weather forecast post" and headed to Besia/Cainz, figures, right, gee I certainly did say the rainy season was coming *but* wow... now that's seriously fast!!! : ) No worries! It finally rained heavy for us last evening, which was the first rain for our area all this week! Just makes our grass greener and the potato plants bigger. So we are very happy. I can't wait for the weekend to start. I did make dinner early today, as you can see in this picture. I fried up the pork chops earlier today. Yes that is Noboru's foot in the pic. : ) And the cheese gratin potatoes are baking in the oven as we speak..or as I type. : ) We will be having steamed green beans to go with and biscuits (from the can), you know what I mean, I hope. : ) The potatoes take an hour and a half and so should be done by 3:20, which is nice because I can turn the oven off before picking up both Branden and Noah from school (Branden gets off at 4pm, Noah 3:45pm). We will be watching a DVD here at home tonight after showers and so I will be popping some popcorn to go with the movie. : )
Aha, I did make a Besia/Cainz run for ice cream yesterday. I took a cooler to throw in the car so the ice cream wouldn't melt during my drive home. Also picked up 2 packs of dry ice as well. : ) 

Just something nice to stick in the fridge to have for the week and weekend. : ) Tomorrows, plan is we have no plan at all, we will have a bacon and egg breakfast and not sure about lunch, but for dinner tomorrow night, I will be making homemade pizza from scratch. So we will just relax here at home tomorrow. Sunday though, like I said, I have to work the kodomo kai/kids club event starts at 8:30am (I have to be there by 8am), so I'll have to wake up around 6-6:30am to get ready and eat a little something before we go. Have a fantastic weekend... no matter where you are reading from and if you're in Japan, the rainy season is here. Woohoo! : ) I enjoy the rain, sorry. : ) Hmm, well wait a minute, maybe no rainy season just yet... if you are in Hokkaido (?) : ) But soon maybe for you too. : )  Anyway, have a wonderful weekend you guys. : )