Thursday, May 29, 2014

Guam trip, in a nut shell

Saturday morning, May 24th Branden, Noah and myself flew to Guam. We arrived around 2pm-ish, my dad knew we were coming in advance, had gotten our bedroom all nice and ready in his condo. And he picked us up, right away. We dropped off our empty luggage right away at my dad's and headed to Taco Bell first thing! We each only picked, 1 thing because we knew we would be having dinner later on and didn't want to ruin our appetite for dinner later that night, so just 1 thing as a "snack" was more then enough. I had picked a small nachos without beef. This really hit the spot! 

Noah had 1 crunchy taco. Branden had 1 Cool Ranch Taco Supreme and my dad had 1 soft taco. We ate and headed to Cost u less right away and then to Payless grocery store. After that, we went to our final store, Kmart! I had run out of a lot of stuff, here at our house in Japan and so a trip to Guam to get restocked of food items or shampoos, toiletry type items were really necessary, plus the fact with all that mid term study behind us at that point, it was the PERFECT time to head to Guam for 24 hours and relax, visit with my dad first and foremost and also it was our chance to pick up any supplies/things needed to take back to Japan. So a win win type situation. Wish Noboru could have joined us, but he had work and besides it was just 24 hours, we'd be back in no time! : ) 

After we dropped off everything from my dad's SUV to his condo, we went to the Micronesia Mall food court to eat dinner. That way, we could have many dinner choices/ options. Perfect since we were leaving bright and early the next morning. Ohhh, there was a dance competition going on at the mall and we enjoyed watching some of it for a while! A lot of the dancers were really good! 

Branden and Noah enjoying the dancing down below! 

I, had a cheese stick from Hot Dog on A Stick. Also, Branden and I shared the meal from Panda Express, it was noodles and also spicy chicken breast with veggies, so good... but much too much food for 1 person so we split it!

Branden, had picked the 3 chicken strip combo with mashed potato and drink from KFC. Lucky for me, he shared that Panda Express meal with me, it was just too big for 1 person. I was going to order the kids size but you need an 11 year old child or younger and Noah was off ordering at the Hot Dog on a Stick place, when I was ordering mine. So, they gave me an adults size. Oh well, no worries, I had asked Branden, to share with me. : ) My dad had Sbarro, spaghetti and meatballs and a salad and breadstick. After we ate, I went to Macy's to buy a bra, with the sale they were having though, I ended up getting 2 Calvin Klein bras versus 1. We went back to my dad's and the kids had some Reese's Peanut Butter ice cream for dessert, I meanwhile drank a Vitamin Water and we watched TV before going to sleep. 

Sunday morning, I woke up at 5:30am, got dressed, brushed my teeth, put my makeup on. Woke the kids, they brushed their teeth, got dressed. And we went to McDonald's for breakfast. Our flight was at 10am, and we wanted to be at the airport by 7:45am, so a quick breakfast truly appreciated. Plus, I love the Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit. It's so delicious. Wish our Mc D's in Japan sold these. 

A delicious homestyle flaky biscuit, cheese, crunchy bacon and like a folded omelet. We went back to my dad's after breakfast and we packed up. My dad dropped us off, and the kids ran and hugged my dad and we went and checked in, right away. It was so super short, as far as trips go, but totally necessary and worth it. : )

The contents on 2 large luggage. 

Frozen mac and cheese, 12 of them! Perfect for nights the kids swim, with just enough time to come home from school, eat this... grab their swim bag and catch the swim bus. Just a small snack to tide them over until they get home from swimming, so they can eat a proper dinner. 

Years ago, normal regular bacon was sold at Costco in Japan. But it hasn't in forever! Sure, they sell microwave bacon, but it sorta tastes like a bacon and a jerky hybrid. Hahaha, sorry. 6 packs of bacon now are sitting in my freezer. A once a week nice family breakfast would be perfect, but I'm going to have to be pretty conservative with this, I know it. Hahaha. : ) Please Costco in Japan start selling bacon in Japan again, it would certainly make so many of us happy! : ) 

Ricotta filled frozen ravioli. I like to make a nice baked ravioli with this. Not sure when I'll make this. 

The whole web was a buzz over cinnamon roll waffles about a month or two ago! I bought this pack...now granted, will I make regular cinnamon rolls out of these or waffles out of these, hmmm who knows! Probably just make regular cinnamon rolls outta them! : ) And biscuits! They're 99cents a can for the biscuits, yes probably way cheaper in the states but heck, 99 cents isn't bad either! Just something nice to put in the fridge. 

Three homemade from scratch pepperoni pizzas will be in our future! We like Costco pizza, Pizza Hut, but Noboru and the kids always mention how they prefer mine and my crispy crust! So, they'll be happy knowing these are in the fridge right now. : )

Summer's nearly upon us. I have a girlfriend in Oklahoma, her daughter is on summer break already (tornado season, you know) and in Guam all the signs on the schools said summer break for them starts June 10th! Meanwhile for us where we live, Branden and Noah don't go on summer break until the end of July, hahaha! : ) But, you know...with the weather getting nice and the school year indeed winding down. Perhaps taking a batch of brownies to the wave pool would be a great idea! Or a nice batch just to enjoy for the weekend! You know what I mean. : ) So yep, not 100's or anything but 3 boxes of brownies, perfect amount!

3 yellow cake mixes, our favorite flavor. 1 cake mix will be turned into a pineapple upside down cake. The other 2 will be cupcakes or a bundt cake with yummy chocolate frosting. Either way! So yep plans for summer desserts are forming. And no, baking is okay in our house, it doesn't get too hot, because we have 24 hour central air conditioning for all our rooms...every room of the house actually same for the heating in winter. So it's already nice and cool and as dry as can be in the house. So no...baking is not too much trouble here at our house, luckily. : )

And 1 last one, Reese's Peanut Butter and Chocolate cupcakes.

2 packs of our favorite Oreos, just like yellow cake with chocolate frosting, these are yellow cookies with yummy chocolate frosting. These are amazing cookies! Again just nice to have in the house. : ) 

Taco seasoning and poultry gravy. And a nice balsamic vinaigrette for all the summer salads we eat here at home.

Mints!

Pasta sauce. 

Ravioli and enchilada sauce. 

Taco shells 18 per pack. Beans and canned jalapenos.

Italian bread crumbs for meatballs or chicken parmesan. The flavor of this is amazing! Best tasting chicken parmesan and best tasting meatballs, thanks to this. 

Pistachios and the Juicy Fruit came in a 3 pack, for cheap and before the flight back to Japan, I gave 1 pack to Noah, 1 pack to Branden for the flight, they still each have over 70% of their pack left and this one is still in the pantry too. : ) 

Folgers coffee singles. And Irish cream.

2 and a half pounds each. 16 ounces is 1 pound. 



That's 10 pounds of cereal right there! Basically it's Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but the Malt O Meal version and I'll still call it Cinnamon Toast Crunch anyway.: ) The real, Cinnamon Toast Crunch the big size was $11.99 at Cost U less. 3 pounds for $11.99, isn't that absurd! These were 2 and a half pounds for $4.99 US. Considering it'll probably last us the whole summer, I thought it was too good a deal to pass up! So yep, 10 pounds of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. 

Almost summer and summer around here means lemonade! Taking a jug of lemonade to the wave pools or what have you. Again just getting ready little by little. : ) 

Three tubes of cinnamon toothpaste. 

Noah's birthday is July 7th, so I made sure to pick up some cool plate and napkin combo for the ice cream cake, we already ordered. : ) 

Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze shampoo always smells amazing especially in summer! Not too sure, if it's nourishing or anything... but it cleans the hair, so I guess it does the job! Hahaha. : ) The other 2 are very nourishing and moisturizing and all that good stuff though. : )

10 toilet drop ins! American toilet drop in scents are *so good* and so strong! I love them! The Japanese ones are nice too, but the scent is very weak compared to these. The second you walk into the upstairs or downstairs toilet the first thing you think is..wow that toilet smells fresh! lol. Seriously it does! We have 2 toilets in our house so around a 5 month supply but could be longer, could be about a 6 month supply. They say they last "up to" 4 months or 8 weeks" but really it depends how often you flush. If you are only 1 person yes it would last up to 4 months. But with a family of 4, who constantly use facilities or flush the toilet, I'd say they last about 5 weeks in our house. And that's not bad really! Could even be 6 weeks, but that could be pushing it! Hahaha. : )

One new deodorant for Branden. He has a new one unopened still and is using another right now also. So he's fine with that. 

Two for Noboru. 

Two for me. They didn't have my favorite one, I usually use, so I picked these 2 alternatives. The Dove Advance Care one, I keep seeing the commercials for that one, so I'll try it. : ) 
Two magazines. I'm currently reading the one on the left while I have been picking up Noah at the plaza after school this week. 

After we had our dinner in the food court at Micronesia, we went into Macy's. I had wanted to pick up a bra. A light colored one to wear under lighter colored tops. However they were having a buy 1 get one 50% off sale. Plus the lady also gave me an additional 25% off. Apparently there was some sale in the newspaper going on or whatever, I didn't have the coupon but she had an extra and beeped that extra savings for me, what a cool lady. What luck! : )

One of my entrance ceremony outfits was Calvin Klein, this year as you remember too. : ) Yep, I'm really partial to Calvin Klein. Love the bras and undies by Calvin Klein always have. I also like Bali too though, but I really am a fan as far as Calvin Klein undergarments go! : )  I don't care for the lesser coverage bras like demi bras etc. So, like this says here, this is a more conservative coverage bra. 

Not up to your neck or anything though. But really nice and a feminine look without being indecent or anything. : ) 

It's hard to tell by this picture, you can tell in the nude color bra easier, but the straps are sorta shiny, look more like ribbons but they are not ribbons, they are indeed very secure straps but just really pretty and they say Calvin Klein on them, along the strap, which is a nice touch. 

Went in for 1 bra, came out with 2. Hahaha. Again what luck. : )  Anyway that was our 24 hour Guam trip in a nut shell. : )