Monday, April 29, 2013

Ensoku/field trip prep, The Voice is getting so good right now. New Sea Breeze body soap in the Splash Marine scent smells amazing! And a few other things added for good measure

I saw and picked this up last week. It's fairly new and I checked the website of Shiseido and sure enough it is pretty new. Anyway, I bought this one because of the way it smells. The scent is ahhhh-mazing!  I liked that I could still lightly smell it after my shower, I kept smelling my arm and yeah it really smells fantastic. It said it's a limited edition or limited time only. @_@ Yikes, I hope not because if so, maybe I should pick up another bottle or two for when Summer gets here. : )
Branden's swimsuit and rash guard arrived from Gap.com, fit is great. Also his last pair of shorts for the season from Old Navy arrived with the swimsuit. They now have the same amount of shorts now. Even Stevens. Just as it should be. : )
Japan has been selling shorts without buttons on jean shorts etc..... forever and I was surprised to see these at Old Navy. Maybe it's catching on a little bit. Hahaha. : )
I ran to Hanamasa during the week because I had Noah's obento on my mind he needed for Wednesday's ensoku. I wasn't going to give him karaage twice, since he had that in his obento Saturday. So, I decided pretty much in advance I'd bake a roasted herb chicken and then let Noah take a chicken wrap for part of his lunch. I also while there, picked up frozen veggies cheaply and fries super cheaply. : )  Also double checked Noah's "what to pack" for his field trip. It was a huge list. But it said to pack some snacks.  I know what the kids bring for ensoku's when it says to bring snacks. I've been doing this for a long while. So, The next day I cruised to this old time snack shop for kids. Lots of mom's get their ensoku snacks from there in our area.
These are the snacks I bought for Noah for his field trip last week. The same type of snacks, all the kids bring. So, I try to bring and pack my kids the same too. Also, I know kids like to share candy, trade candy etc. So, that's why I bought a little extra. : )  300 yen is what I spent, for Noah and his friends for a little after lunch snack. And Noah did bring back quite a few packs of candy back and he shared with his brother also. : )
Noah said he shared these soda candies with his two best friends. : )
The day before Noah's ensoku, I went back to the store and bought some fresh pineapple and a fresh cold chocolate roll cake yet again.
Meanwhile, The Voice is getting so good. Mary Miranda on the left of this pic was chosen to stay on team Shakira. Mary Miranda the girl on the left is so pretty and her personality is fantastic. I was rooting for her last week! : ) I have a few favorites on each team. Usher's team, Blake's team, Adam's team. : )
Practicing before their battle. : )

What do I have coming up? I have a movie date with my girl friends coming up. May, 8th and 9th we will go to the movies both days. We are going to see Iron man 3 and also Lincoln. Yes Lincoln is on DVD in America already lol. But it's still at the movies here. And I could have seen it in the airplane, but I knew my girlfriends and I wanted to see it together. So I have been holding off. And so, May 8th and 9th, after we all get our kiddos sent to school we will be meeting at the movies for the first showing of the day. I better get my house in order and shopping done before May 8th for that week then! Hahaha. But I am looking forward to meeting up and catching up with my friends. : ) So that's sort of quietly on the back burner.

Apple Oatmeal Crisp/Crumble recipe. I was asked about the recipe a few weeks back. So before I forget, let me sit down right now and share this recipe. : ) And I am sorry, I took so long. But I didn't forget. : )  Oh and for what it's worth, these measurements are for American measuring cups, I think Japanese measurements are slightly different, not sure if it's true, but I did hear that before. So just thought I'd say that. For this recipe, I am using American measuring sizes. : )

Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats (I use instant oats)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine (melted)
3 cups apples peel cored and chopped
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon for the apples
1 teaspoon cinnamon for crumble topping part (this is optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
In a bowl combine brown sugar, oats, flour and melted butter. Mix until crumbly. I also add a little cinnamon to this mixture I just eyeball it though.  Maybe 1 teaspoon. This will be your crumble topping. Set aside.

In another bowl, mix in the white sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, to the apples.  Spread your apples in a baking dish (if you want you can add a few very small dabs of margarine on top of the apple mixture after it is in the baking dish, but you do not have to do this either) and then put the crumble mixture evenly on top. Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.