Monday, April 15, 2013

And then there were 8...

Alright, if you count the green plants in this picture, you will indeed see 6 potato plants, nicely growing. I thought 1 plant, didn't make it. However, I was wrong! We didn't plant 7 total, as I thought a couple posts down, we planted 8 total potato plants. Oh well, I'm human and mistakes happen. ; ) So I guess we planted 8 total. Anyway....you know all the rain, that we've been getting lately right. Well...
See that teeny tiny potato plant in between the bigger potato plants? Yep, slow growing, but at least it's growing! And then....
One more teeny tiny one right here too! On the right side of the bigger plant in this picture. It is small, but it is growing. So an update on the potatoes. We have 6 normal sized potato plants growing about the same rate/size. And then we have 2 teeny weeny sized potatoes plants but...the good news is... they're spunky and they are not giving up! Yay, go 2 tiny potato plants go! So 8 plants all going strong.

Also, I went to the local DIY the other day, hoping the zucchini would be in, but also wondered if it was in season yet or still a tad too early.....so asked the kind older woman working there. She said, it's a bit too early yet and for me to come back during Golden Week. She said, the zucchini and kabocha come around for our area, the same time, Golden Week. : ) I thanked her for the info and left. : ) But, I am waiting eagerly for the zucchini to get in! : )

Anyway, both Branden and Noah swim tonight, they love it so much! Tonight for dinner we'll have beef stew, rice (if you need rice) and a sliced and buttered baguette of bread to go with. The beef stew is in the crock pot right now. I  also have a load of laundry drying on the back terrace/patio, right now. And as soon as I post this, I'm running upstairs and coloring my hair, plucking any straggly eyebrows and doing a face mask. lol. This coming Saturday we have class observation day (so no school next coming Monday). So, I'm slowly getting ready for that, meaning the hair color etc.