Friday, March 08, 2013

Oz the Great and Powerful starts today! Our family is heading to Guam this morning, to enjoy the weekend there and to catch the movie

The original Wizard of Oz, has been my favorite since I was a little girl, movie and book. Even own Return to Oz.  Branden and Noah love the original too. Noboru likes it. Who doesn't really if, ykwim. : )  The second we saw Oz the Great and Powerful was coming out. Noboru actually was the one who suggested we go and see it in Guam, when it comes out. He took a day off work plus his 2 regular days off. And it's just been on our plan and we've been eagerly waiting for March 8th ever since. Is the movie going to be great or not? Truth is, I don't know yet. But I want to see it. So our family of 4 is more then likely already at Narita airport by the time you read this or already on the airplane. I'm unsure when I'll set this post to publish yet. The movie starts today, and so we might see it today or maybe tomorrow/Saturday. But we will be coming back to Japan having seen the movie. True we coulda seen this here in Japan. But this way we won't have to worry, is the movie in English or Japanese, etc etc. The cost of the movie for each of us is just $5 as long as we go to the movies before 3pm. Plus we can sit and enjoy a big huge tub of popcorn free refills and have enormous sodas free refills too and maybe even have some nachos. So yeah, wouldn't work for everyone I know but for us, we want to see it in Guam.
Can't believe the beautiful Mila Kunis will be the Wicked Witch of the West character pictured above. I read that online months ago. I am wondering what she'll look like in costume after she is transformed. I'm pretty sure she'll look like that profile in the background of this picture : )
Rachel Weisz, plays Evanora, the Wicked Witch of the East. And well, we know what happens to her after Dorothy gets there in the original. : )  Anyway, have a wonderful weekend everyone. We will also be enjoying our weekend over there. I look forward to catching up with you all, after we get back.