Monday, December 31, 2012

Last day of the year! New Year’s Eve taco night

Today is New Year's eve. Last day of 2012! Today the boys and I baked an apple crisp/crumble.  But other then that, we did nothing but rest. Watch TV. And rest some more. It was nice. Anyway, this evening, Noboru has to work. He'll leave work at midnight tonight and should be home around 12:30am. I'll stay up and wait for my sweets! ; ) But, since we knew he wasn't going to be home.  I made one of the boys favorite meals instead. You know, the whole create your own tradition or celebrate the holidays in our own special type way. Type thing. And since Noboru's family is all the way in Osaka. And with it just being Branden, Noah and I for dinner. Why not. So yesterday when I was at the store getting last minute items, I made sure to grab a half head of lettuce for tacos. And 2 bags of apples so we can make an apple crisp. Which is in the silver tin in this picture. And you know...just celebrate our last meal of the year at home just us 3, since Noboru has to be at work.
Chicken tacos and beef tacos. Lettuce, sour cream, cheese and salsa. I toasted the shells in the toaster oven for a little extra crunch.  And if you see some apple crisp is missing. That's because, when it first came out of the oven hot and fresh around 3pm-ish, the boys and I had a small bowl of it each, to enjoy. We only had a bit before dinner because no one else was around ,since it's just us 3 tonight, otherwise we would have waited until after dinner to try it. ; )  Anyway just wanted to say, I hope everyone is enjoying the last day of the year. And hope everyone is ready for the year of the snake 2013!!!! : )

Tonight's plan? The boys are in the shower now and should be coming down soon. I think I'm going to go take a fast shower now as soon as they come out. And then come down and we'll watch The Hunger Games with a big bowl of popcorn and some Reese's peanut butter cups, the boys and I.  At midnight, I plan to soak in a nice hot bath, since I am waiting up for Noboru anyway and I know the boys will be fast asleep in their rooms. So a nice hot shea butter bath soak is what I will be doing when the clock strikes 12 here. Anyway, Happy New Year everyone!!! : )