Thursday, December 01, 2011

From Black Friday to Cyber Monday and everything in between!

A pic of my dad walking Noah in to yochien on Friday. He walked Noah into class Thursday and also Friday and also we both went into the school grounds to pick him up. Noah loves it when we both pick him up! My dad also waved off Branden to school both days as well. Which Branden also loved. And grandpa was careful not to pull out his camera and take pics this time around. : )
Like most Americans we look forward to that one special meal all year round. And also start dreaming about all those delicious leftovers that will come afterwards. We're no different. We look forward to them too. : ) Thursday after we dropped off Noah at yochien, my dad and I ran to my favorite bakery and bought some of their amazing fresh baked bread, they sliced it right up when we got there. I said, I love your egg salad and the width of the bread for that, can you make my bread sliced that level of thickness/thinness. She said sure thing. And so I bought 2 loaves of fresh sliced bread for the turkey sandwiches we'd be having later. I also bought a fresh head of lettuce. And home we went.
These were the sandwiches I made for Noboru before he went to work Friday. I made 3 sandwiches. 1 for him, and 1 each for his 2 friends. They loved them by the way. And his one friend, said right away, this is provolone cheese! Noboru said...yes. I loved hearing he knew what cheese it was. Right on to his smart friend. ; )
This was my sandwich Friday afternoon for lunch. My dad had one just like it. We had tomato, but neither of us wanted to use it for this sandwich. we used it in sandwich #2 later that evening though. : )
This was so good Friday. Roasted turkey, miracle whip, provolone cheese fresh lettuce and some Ruffles my dad brought. So good!
Black Friday was upon us and I had been waiting all week with the things in my cart. Just waiting until it turned officially Black Friday our time. And then I clicked "place order" Everything in my cart was so cheap after the Black Friday deals started. Most of you know what Black Friday is. It's when you can get things the cheapest. And not all the picked over stuff after the Christmas holiday is done. It's when you can get the new in stock stuff super cheap. People wait outside of shops. Sometimes it can get violent. I grew up going and enjoying Black Friday with my family. I have a huge family and all of us hitting a Target, then hitting the mall afterwards. Together was always fun. The last Black Friday I took part in, Branden was age 3. I'm pretty sure he was 3. The ads/circulars come out on Thursday the morning of Thanksgiving. It give you all day long while the turkey is cooking to look over the ads. Mark what you want and from which store? Call family...anyone wanting to go to Target for example? Yes, okay let's meet there at say 5:30am. Cool! That type of thing. Now/this year I heard on the news the stores open at midnight. And Walmart opened at 10am according to the commercials I get from my American TV cable. But that's basically how it goes. Last one, I went to, I wanted long john's for Branden, Noah wasn't born yet. They were $5 for the set, top and bottom. Woman's were $7 a set. So, I went and bought Branden 2 sets for that year and 2 sets for the following year. Bought myself 2 sets and we were done and we left. Some people were in bad or super competetive moods. Some were not. The "door busters" are always good. For example, all kids board games, $5 each for example. The sale ends at 9am of the same day. So, you know if you want that particular deal you need to be at the shops. I always took advantage of the "door busters". Other shops say. first 15 people in the store get THIS deal. Again. It can get to be a bit madness. I always enjoyed Black Friday. It saved my family money, so why not. I am in Japan now, so can't take advantage of Black Friday in the stores and in person. But we have been thinking about partaking in this next year though, now that the boys are a bit older. Anyway this Black Friday, I knew I could at least join in our American tradition of Black Friday and get a jump start on the sales by shopping at Amazon.com and getting to enjoy some Black Friday deals myself.
I loved this movie Bridesmaids. I saw it on the airplane. It would be something I'd watch again. And at $5.99 for the dvd, heck ya! I bought that. Well technically Noboru bought it for me.
See this pic closely see how it says...3 hours and 46 minutes remaining on this deal. And 57 seconds, lol! That clock timer is on there. And it says, 74% claimed/spoken for. So you know...if they will be running out soon or not. I have this dvd already so didn't buy it, but this at least gives you an idea. For Black Friday, I mostly picked dvd's. I think I only picked 3 dvd's for myself. maybe 2? The rest and most of the order was for Branden and Noah. I picked 2 3DS cards/cartridges. At $14 each! Considering most DS cards are about $35-$40 each! It was a steal at $14 each. And these were games that were in my cart to begin with. I also picked the boys, Cars 2 dvd, Transformers the newest dvd. Kung Fu Panda 2 dvd. I picked The Help dvd for myself and a few other things. It was a nice sized order of movies and 2 DS games. And the savings our family got from those amazing Black Friday deals were worth it!
Cyber Monday. Took advantage of Cyber Monday as well. I went to the age 5-6, kindy to first grade category. I picked a book that Noah and I can read together. It's his age range. And it looks funny and I know he'll love it. The reviews on this book, so many kids, especially mother's of boys Noah age said their little boys love this book! I also picked 2 book for Branden. And a few interesting books the boys can share. A nice sized haul of books that will keep their minds happy and active. I was happy I could get such a good savings on Cyber Monday. I was also surprised the next day, I got an email and it said all the books have already been shipped. So, now I am awaiting 2 orders from Amazon.com. 1 dvd order and 1 book order. Yay! I love Christmas and getting things I know my boys will truly love.
Sunday evening, my dad was gone, he left the day before. We were still enjoying the last bits of the turkey and mashed potatoes, stuffing,salad etc and the sandwiches. The pumpkin pies were finished that afternoon. So, after bath and shower time, the boys were sitting on the couch enjoying TV. The house is all toasty warm. I turned on the big oven and we made a quick batch of the cinnamon rolls. Just pop, bake and done. They were delicious. We iced them with the icing inside the tube and everything. These were gone in no time. So, that was my dad's visit....And Black Friday, Cyber Monday and our weekend in a nutshell.

I have quite a few posts to get up and posted. But I have Branden's observation day today and tomorrow I have yet another shaon kai meeting. @_@ Next week, the Jogo-san and I are heading to my good friend Noriko's house because we're going to have a movie day at her new house, they recently built. We're going to watch the latest Harry Potter, December 7th at her house. It's going to be fun! I'm looking forward to seeing her beautiful new home and spending time with my girlfriends. I'm bringing the popcorn. : )

What else, the weather in Chiba is getting cold. Not in our home, it's central heating and floor heating. Our house is actually a little too hot. If you notice our Thanksgiving pic everyone was in short sleeves, well except my dad. ; )

We're baking our first batch of Christmas cookies this weekend, the boys and I. I'm making the dough today and keeping it in the fridge until Saturday.

And we're just enjoying the colder weather, the quiet time of year. And looking forward to our tropical vacation we'll be taking over the winter holiday. The hotel is booked and everything already. Okay the treadmill is calling my name, so I better publish this sucker. And hopefully, I'll find a bit more time in a day or so to update a bit more.