Saturday, October 01, 2011

Getting ready for Fall part 1

I know I rarely talk about working out anymore. But I haven't stopped at all. Not in the least. Since January 2011, I have been going full steam and I haven't wanted to quit. I am always very cautious to say things until I know for sure but I really feel it was a life change. You can see my "fitness minutes" for August. I was 6th place in one of the groups I belong to. And 6th place isn't bad. And consider I worked out in 1 month...1,845 minutes. Honestly, I am VERY proud of myself. Considering I am also a busy mommy of 2. And take care of the household needs, do shopping and the boys extra curriculars to boot! And still find the extra time to work out and stay in shape and fit. I am very proud of myself. The month of September I only had about 1500 minutes to be honest. I wish I could have worked out more September, but I have been just busy with the yochien groups/committees I belong to, insanely busy plus still 1500 fitness minutes for September isn't bad at all either really. Anyway enough about that. But yeah...I'm really working hard. I do 300 stomach crunches for example, Tues..Thurs and Saturday. So 900 stomach crunches every week. Not counting the 5 days a week of either treadmill or Zumba, just getting some sort of cardio in there, plus my workouts focusing on my core so the stomach crunches. I transitioned from a Gap/ON large to a Gap/ON medium. Moving on....
Anyway the Fall and Winter gathering like I always do has begun. 1 vest for Noah, 1 lunch bag for the boys to share. 1 long sleeve black and white top for myself. 2 pair of trouser/wide leg jeans. Everyone's calling them trouser jeans this season. And something else pictured but I forget.
Another package got here, these were my 2 sweatshirts. And I even have 1 other Gap/ON package on it's way to me as I speak, errr type.
Gap, used to make super cute ladies Gap logo sweatshirts. I wore them in uni. Then they took them away. Didn't carry them for years. The guys sweatshirts never went away and they sell them every single year, lucky for Noboru but out of luck for me. I sort of gave up on the Gap logo hoodie for us ladies. Boy was I pleasantly surprised to see they started selling them this season. And given all the reviews they've gotten online....positive ones. I'm not the only one who's missed them. They said they run small and to order up a size. The reviews were right. They do run small. I bought a large versus a medium because of the fact all the reviews said they ran small. So glad I listened to them. It is a more feminine fitted type fit, so that's why it is cut a bit on the small size. But I love it. I ordered 1 in this navy blue color with purple writing.
And I also ordered the full zip fitted hoodie in navy. I bought these both and used a 30% off coupon.
Here, they are. I can't wait for Fall/Winter now. I feel fitter this year, leaner this year and happy to have my trusty Gap sweatshirts back.
Wide leg jeans are making a comeback. Thank goodness, have been sorta tired of the skinny jeans from last season. I got these ones with the squiggly lines on the back pockets.
And these are trouser jeans. They even have a button back pocket. I really love these.
Yep, they got here too. And the wide cuffs/legs.
Also picked up 2 pair of wide leg jeans from Nissen as well. You can see the wide cuff legs on these as well. They're really flattering.
Japanese size wise. I am an L. I usually try not to give out too much information, because it's just TMI. But just this once. Also, if you're wondering why an American M and an L Japanese size, well if you live in Japan, you already know the answer....it's because the cuts and sizing are totally smaller here. So consider a Japanese L is a lot tinier and smaller cut then a L in America. So a medium in the US and an L in Japan. Which I don't really mind being, though I'd like to be a bit more fit, so I keep exercising and I also now really enjoy exercising and I like the health benefits and looks to my body. Sometimes if it runs small or if I really want it and if it's not available in a size L...I can get an LL and shrink it in the dryer. When I flipped through the Nissen catalog and also the Smileland, because L's can shop on either catalog, lol. Now that's depressing or lucky however you look at it...twice the selection you know. : ) Anyway back to the pic of the leggings, I really liked these but the size said size LL-3L (bigger then the size I need). And there were no pants like these in the regular Nissen catalog, they had tights /nylons like this but not leggings/ type pants. No way can I wear a 3L no way, no how, I'd be swimming in it. LL is even seriously pushing it. But the reviews on Nissen in Japanese said these ran so small! That they had zero stretch and they all returned them. Great for me since I worried they'd be too big. So, I bought them, tried them on, too big for me but they were right no stretch at all which would be great for me, I liked them, I washed them and dried them and they shrunk to a perfect size for me. So, now they are perfect. They are now about a size Japanese size L. : ) I will wear these with jean mini skirts, and ballet shoes or Ugg type boots or low top converse. And a turtle neck or cute sweater or something.
Also bought 4 new basic long sleeve tops. Nissen Smileland had them in size L (lucky for me they had my size) and no, I really don't care which catalog it comes from, if it's cute, and it fits, so be it...990 yen for regular neck and 1290 yen for V neck. I bought 2 black ones, 1 regular/U neck and 1 black v neck....1 white regular neck and 1 pink v neck. I like the material. I think the weight is good quality, but the white is a little too thin for my liking but I'll be wearing it under my Gap sweatshirts so it's fine and I'll keep it. The weight thickness on the pink and black ones were better then the white long sleeve. I was glad I picked up a few basics like these long sleeve T's. Perfect for the turning cooler weather and the price I really loved.
1 piece denim dress size L, so cute with crazy Japanese leggings and a basic top and cardi. Very very cute. I love Nissen!
The long sleeve T from Old Navy, out of the package that was in the pic up above. I love this.