Sunday, January 01, 2012

Goodies brought back from Guam

After a lot of research and I do mean a lot, an a deep talk about legalities with a quarantine person a month ago that the hubby did. And believe you me, we researched the heck out of it. Finally we understand how to bring meats and things back to Japan with actually declaring them. This was our first attempt and trial. We knew beforehand they said as long as we...do this and do that and dot this i and cross this t, so to speak, we would be fine. But when it came down to it...would we really breeze on in? Yeah we wondered about it but we tried it anyway.
And passed! 100% legal.
With stickers on each suitcase, letting customs know we did already clear the quarantine section first hand.
Documents on the declared meats. Lasagna etc.
Very very slim pickings. Barely any food or anything really spectacular really this time. If I were to title this picture, I'd say..."cereal and household cleaners" @_@ and I guess a few odds and ends. That's really about it.
Noboru bought this new temperature gauge.
It shows indoor and outdoor temps and indoor and outdoor humidity too. Ever since we've gotten back....Noboru checks this about 5 times a day. And loves to inform me...honey our bedroom is such and such degrees. And our living room is such and such degrees and outside is such degrees. This is pretty fun for Noboru. : ) And it makes him so happy monitoring these things. Our last temp gauge broke, so he was happy to replace it.
Cinnamon Toasters (generic version of Cinnamon Toast Crunch) and Cookie Crisp. These are for the boys, what they picked.
Noboru picked his favorite Honey Bunches of Oats. And I picked only 1 box and picked Banana Nut Cheerios.
Salsa in medium because the last bottle Noboru picked and loves is Hot and that was way too hot for me. Fritos and Goldfish.
The Christmas colored sprinkles were on sale, so I stocked up. Blueberry pie filling or cheesecake topping, I bought it for the blueberry cheesecake I want to bake. And an extra emergency box of popcorn.
We had 2 leftover Vitamin Waters from the hotel and cheap me, put them in ziplocks and into the check in luggage they went. Tic tacs for me and Corn Nuts Branden picked. These are cinnamon and the white flavor. I dislike the white flavor but I'm eating the cinnamon ones. : )
Chocolate covered cherries. I ate these when no one was around. My one guilty treat to myself and they were only $2 US. : )
Toothpaste and Carmex (for cold sores), I felt a cold sore coming on 2 weeks ago, haven't used the little tiny pot in years and it smelled...well.... not like how Carmex usually smells. : ( It definitely went South. : ( Went bad, so I threw it away. And bought these 2. A stick and a tube. No little pots when I looked. : ( Watch now I won't get another cold sore for another 3 years. : )
2 bottles of shampoo for us adults. And 2 bottles of shampoo for the boys. And 1 bottle of conditioner.
Feminine wash, no embarrassment/worries for being clean. : ) And icicle lights, these were on sale...$5? Noboru wanted these.
Our DVD player is on it's very last leg here at our house. It works 80% of the time but 20% of the time it won't read the DVD at all. Or it will freeze mid movie! Grrr! The region free DVD players are a bit pricey, meanwhile this was super cheap $50 US. So in case...the DVD player we have were to break 100% before we can get another universal DVD player this will at least be able to jump in to save the day if need be. : ) (update) watched Crazy Stupid Love last night after the boys went to sleep and once again our regular dvd player froze mid movie!!! WTH?! So, I said you know what..this is ridiculous and opened this box and put the old one away, Noboru can dispose of it. Meanwhile, we're using this now. Noboru says he can switch this to region free, just find the code online.
Coffee Mate and pasta sauce.
Chicken cup of noodle. This always makes Noboru shake his head and smile, he says...only you honey..... You're actually bringing ramen *into* Japan. I just can't help it though, they don't have chicken flavor here. ; ) Though Noboru insists the salt flavor is the same, it doesn't taste the same to me at all. $5-6 for the case. About 400 yen.
The end of the year big huge clean up was heavy on my mind while in Guam. Clearly. : ) Clorox disinfecting wipes, they're so cheap and I could use them and we live so far from Costco Makuhari or else I would have picked up the Kirkland. It was just wiser for me to bring them this time. And toilet tabs.
I keep seeing the "scrubbing bubbles" commercials on TV, plus they were on sale.
Comet bathroom cleaner. Clorox Anywhere Hard surface cleaner and Lysol Pacific ocean scent. So I can mop my floors with the Lysol Complete.
Gossip magazines. Angelina's assistant tells all, boy oh boy did she ever. @_@ She locks the kids in the bathroom so she can get drunk.I really hope that's not true. : ( The final days before Demi filed for divorce. And why Kim filed for divorce.
If it wouldn't have said the words in black and white. Well and pink. : ) I would have never known or believed that was Kate Gosselin. And I own the Kate Plus 8 dvd's. So, yeah I was a bit surprised. Does she not look very different.
Transformers activity books. Noah grabbed one and this kid never asks for a thing, he really doesn't but he was asking and pleading at the store...pleasepleaseplease mama can I get this. And like I said he usually never asks so.... I said yes. Then I looked at Branden's face and I said, go ahead, if you want one too...go grab it! : )
Cinnamon Rolls and crescent rolls.
Cheese and pepperoni.
A lasagna.
These mac and cheese freezer meals were 71 cents. At Payless in Agana. I should have got more. But with knowing we were going through quarantine this time, I didn't want to buy too much. And tortillas for wraps.
Studio Fix, powder foundation and also some under eye concealer. I carried these in my Prada messenger bag onto the airplane, I worried if the foundation would crack if it was in the suitcase even my carry-on.
So, I had been wanting a Coach bag for a really long time now. Noboru and the boys and I went to the DFS one evening/late afternoon. I hoped I would find something I liked. Last time we were in Guam together in July, I didn't see what I was looking for. : ( Also had been debating...do I want a medium over the shoulder bag type or a messenger bag/crossbody bag. The bag, I picked was both, go figure.
The paper bag was pretty too.
Dust cover.
It's got a shorter strap to be more like a baguette on my shoulder type real cute like... but it also has a longer strap so I can wear it diagonal across my body too though. So, a very practical almost 2 in 1 type bag. I asked the lady for a new one, not the bag out on the floor, she said sure thing. : ) We paid and left, I was really happy. : ) If you look real close it says Coach in cursive in the big C. And again given the exchange rate a $418 US bag. For us in Japan right now, it's only about...30,000 yen right now with the exchange rate give or take. And no taxes on Guam. So for us, it really was a good time to make this splurge given the exchange rate.

Anyway that's all. : )

Oh yeah, The boys did get the new Mario Kart 7 games for both of their new 3-DS. And a few extra things. And Noboru picked up a few things at the Home Depot, he really liked too.