Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bits from the week! : )

Haven't been up to a whole lot this week, but on Tuesday June 16th, I indeed met my two friends at the movie theater at 9:40 am (after we all got our kids sent to school), our movie started right at 10am. : ) We went and saw the sequel to The Da Vinci Code, called Angels and Demons. I went to the movies with Rieko-san and Mio and Mao-chan's mom. They both got coffee and a pastry at the snack bar before the movie started, very appropriate for a morning movie. : ) And I picked popcorn and a soda.: ) I really liked this movie a lot, I thought it was even a bit better then The Da Vinci Code. We went on ladies day, so it cost each of us just a thousand yen. Also, I was gonna say, they have the new Harry Potter poster hanging already at the movies inside already. I think it said it was coming to us in Japan in July? Is that right. I would love to see that movie. I hope I get a chance to see that. I wonder how far in advance someone could buy their ticket? Would a month in advance be allowed? Hmm. : ) : )
Branden's ensoku went great on Wednesday. I think in these pics you can see sketch pads with the kids. The sensei asked each of the kids to also do some sketching of the nature they saw and draw it.
Getting his pencil out to start sketching. : )
Four friends, after lunch. : )
The elementary school sure does give a lot of things for the kids to bring home and grow. Last year it was the flowers. And this year, it was the tomato plant and now this week he brought home 4 corn. Branden said the Yuka-sensei wants us all to grow 4 corn. @_@ So, sure enough I drove this week to the local DIY and bought a bigger container for the tomato plant because she's gotten so big lately she needed to be replanted. And another container for the 4 corn. Also, something that's sorta been on my mind, is, you know that strip of bark area on the left hand side of my yard? Anyone know what I mean? I was originally going to plant a nice row of trees there, that was my first thought about that last year. But then we held off. And now, I am sorta thinking that I will grow a flower garden there instead. So, this coming week, I think I will be spending a great deal of my time at the DIY in the flower area, trying to get some flowers picked and stuff. : ) Pretty boring stuff, I know. Sorry you guys. : )
Two of our DVD rentals came at the beginning of this week. I have yet to see the Kate Winslet one. I will try and watch that tonight. But the Boston Strangler one we saw last night after the kids went to sleep. It was a really bad movie. A grade B, no doubt, I do feel bad for saying that but it really was a stinker of a movie. : (
Today is Sunday, and it's raining cats and dogs here today! Today looks like it's going to be a great day. A nice stay at home type day for sures but a good day nonetheless. Anyway I just wanted to touch bases with all of you. Have a great day you guys. : )